[ ᴃᴚiפʜᴌ ᵴᴌᴗᴆiᴏ ]: Mirror

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mirror

i'm actually pretty tired now, i had a long day, but i just feel that i need to write this before Wednesday la.... Wednesday would have another new post(i hope)... yea, i guess you know why.. I'm still thinking whether to put the title as mirror/grow clarence, grow.... so i'll leave it as it is now la...

looking back the past 19 years (almost 19 years) i've seen God's grace towards my life, not once or twice, i seriously can't count how much grace He has poured on my life. Even before i was born, He was already gracious towards me, He took my place on the cross, He bore my(our) sins, and the consequences of my(our) sins. His merciful grace just came and overtook me.. time and times again... stronger and stronger each time..

Asides from that, for every time that i chose not to obey God, i ended up regretting it, and even so, He was always there with His everlasting love, there to just embrace me, and say that it's ok to make mistakes, as long as you learn how to more forward and never fall back to such mistakes. I'm freaking thankful of His faithfulness, love, mercy and basically for who He is. even as i look back at how He has leaded me throughout these years, i realized that there are certain areas where i would need to move into... for example, i realize that i've been quite a 'I, me, myself' person, i'm not implying that i've been selfish or anything life that la, but i tend to seclude myself in meetings, and even classes... i'm like a lone-ranger, it's more than just a 'personality disorder', that's what the devil wants me to think it is. 

come on, let's be honest, i've been a christian for like almost all my life, i've known God as my personal God and Saviour eversince i was around form 2, He has changed me alot, and it's definately not a good excuse for me to say that 'shy' is my weakness... because i know He has already brought me out of that... seriously.. i'm not shy (or not as shy as what i was ) anymore... If God wants me to stand on a stage to share or worship in a christian meeting, that's not a big deal anymore... 

and i've come to my realization that God wants me to stand out, not only in a meeting where christian meets, but also in my lectures (where i don't know anyone there; when i say i don't know anyone there, it's litterately no one... zero), where i may seem the smallest, weakess... the no body of the class...... of course it's easier to stand up and be an example of what a christian is when there's a bunch of fellow comrades that you are well aquinted with..  

tell me... how can i do what God wants me to do if i'm not allowing myself to change? if i continue to seclude myself from the rest of the class, how can i be the light and the salt to the world(class)? how would people see God in me, if i don't allow myself to let God do what He has planned for me? and so... to do that, i would need to rise up, from that place where i always 'hide' myself.. 

at this point of my life, i decide to grow out of such nonsense, that i'll not allow such 'personality' to stop me from doing what He has planned for me.... few days back when i was reading 'Renewing Your Mind', there's was this scripture.. 
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Romans 12:1-2 (The Message)
i chose from 'The Message" version because it would be easier to understand :)

so yea, i'll continue to allow God to move in me!

p/s:
 i know, some of the things i've said here is like "Duh!" to most people... but here's the thing... most of us know it, but how many of us has decided to work on it? 
Head knowledge will remain as head knowledge unless and until you work on it, and make it an experiential knowledge..

i think i've said what i needed to :)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

few updates on my side:

1) like i wrote the other day, my mouse is giving out edi... so i bought a new mouse... new eh? no, not really... cuz the driver isn't working.. so i'll need to get back to the shop next week to ask about it la...

Here's the new mouse... it doesn't have a name, not planning to give it anyway haha... it's a Gigabyte mouse, with 800/1600 DPI switch... which is useful when designing.. hope to get it working ASAP la...




2) like i wrote the other day also... i've decided to cut my hair rite... so yea, i did it... and it turned out to be a "make over".... haha seriously, i'm not used to this hairstyle... frankly speaking, i don't really like it... but i'm not sulking over it or anything la... i'll post up some pictures of me and my new hairstyle on Wed/Thurs la... cuz there are some spoilers in the picture that i'm gonna post... hahaha... so please practice patience with me

haha and oh! this is a freaking good preventive measurement for the bashings that might occur... i sure wish it doesn't... i'm not a big fan of such things...

3) Happy birthday to Lai Hoong! May God continue to lead and guide you, in every step that you'll take, and that you'll allow Him to work in ways that you might not understand. Let Him be God. Have a blessed birthday!

4) Oh... like i said also, i feel an excitement in the spiritual realm, and yea, new things has begun... Ps Kenneth and Ps Sharon along with their precious Sophia will be leaving for Penang soon, to start a new church under God's direction. I'm grateful that they are obeying God even though alot of things are not settled yet, they don't even know how God is going to work through them, but their obedience is the key in working with the One up above :) My prayer is that they'll continue to run this race as good and faithful servants... that even in a new place, they'll have favour from people and man. Good health and strength be upon them, and God's grace to continually flow through and with them as they work alongside with Him! God bless you Ps Kenneth and Ps Sharon, and not forgetting little Sophia :)

EDIT:
(add-on)

To make things fun, i'll add in some spoiler for my new hairstyle hahaha


oh btw, this is da mouse picture too.... but still cant use la... maybe cuz i screw up my lappy with Vista OSx haha... will reformat lappy next sem kua..

0 comments:

Post a Comment